Sunday 20 March 2016

THE WORD FOR THIS WEEK....

... in Alshas Word Photo Challenge 2016 (www.alshasspace.blogspot.com) is THANKFUL...... once again she has made us stretch the grey matter!

After some deliberation I decided on ..


....this little hanging was given to me when I retired... it hangs in my kitchen and I look at and bless the saying MANY times every day xx

I am thankful that I payed into my NHS pension for 40 years and that allowed me to retire at 59 and be comfortable without having to slog until I am 66 .. when the Government have decided they will pay my State pension... I am thankful that I now have the TIME (that's a laugh!!) to craft and be there for my family instead of saying .. mm I will have to see if I am working before making commitments x I am thankful to be able to spend holidays and Christmas with my family ...

I COULD go on .. but I am sure you get the picture xx BIG smiley face here xx

Diane x

8 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

You have a wonderful attitude to life and I know exactly what you mean.
I enjoy every day to the max and I am so grateful too. Retirement was a long time coming but it is whizzing by now that it's here.
Quilt workshop today and I fly to family in Germany tomorrow so what could be better.
Enjoy whatever you are doing, I am sure you will.
Jo x

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I like your thankful post for today! It is special to be able to not have to fit life around a work schedule!--Terry

Janice Smith said...

Amen to that! My friend says these are the go-go years. Next come the slow-go years and eventually the no-go years. So let's all make the best of these years!!!

Gina said...

Great sign and a wonderful sentiment xx

kiwikid said...

Wonderful sign Diane...lots to enjoy and be thankful for!!

SharynB said...

Great post Dianne! You have said what we all feel!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Just rub it in to us workers!!!!!!

Janet said...

That is really something to be thankful for! I need to retire...