Friday 14 October 2016

IT WAS......

... Sandbach Quilt group meeting last night. We had a talk about smocking .. it was really interesting .. AND it is amazing what you can learn from a speaker who is passionate about a subject xx

We had lots of examples to ooooh! over ...




including this smock ..





...that the speaker has made ALL the embroidery/smocking has been done by hand... stunning x

The scalf is coming along..


I know that if it was  just a straight project I would be SUPER bored .. but there is just enough of a lace pattern on the edge to keep me interested x.... and when it is done? ...well.. last night one of the ladies gave me this little book..


SO.. more fun to come x Hope you have something to make that is keeping your interest x

Diane x

8 comments:

SheilaHen said...

Hi Diane, I love the smocking and wonder if you could tell me the name of the lady who came to your group please.

Julie Fukuda said...

I was just looking through some unfinished doll clothes and found a smocked top waiting for the skirt. Years ago it was common for making little girl dresses but these days it is hardly seen at all.

kiwikid said...

The smocking is beautiful, I remember having a smocked dress when I was young! Also smocked bathers!!! Lol!! Such clever work.

Janet said...

I have so many things to make that would keep my interest if I just had time to work on them!! Lucky you getting to attend that presentation. I love the smocking. I too wore smocked dresses when I was young and I have always wanted to make something with smocking in it. Too bad that it isn't in fashion anymore.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The smocking examples are lovely! I like where you are going with your next knitting projects!

JoZart Designs said...

Hoping things are OK with you and your's as I haven't seen you post for a while.
I missed the Frodsham show y'day but our group is making a trip to the west Kirby Show next week. It's Fri 11th and Thurs 12th Nov in Westbourne hall, Westbourne road West Kirby CH484D, if you are interested, and should be a good one as it celebrates their 20 years anniversary. We always end up in Marigold's for Fish & Chips!
Also one by the Liver group, in Liverpool at the Palm House in Sefton Park on Sun 20th NoV.
Both are usually excellent shows.
Take care,
Jo x Thinking of you....

mammafairy said...

smocking is actually so easy- except the drawing up of the fabric before you start. And the actual smocking bit is somewhat addictive.. Love it!
Beutiful examples you show!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and Happy New Year! Miss you.
gasuski@mac.com